“A world apart—gracious country lifestyle, privacy, recreation, possible vineyard & winery”
Proudly presented here is Thornhill Farm—on nearly 400 acres, it is truly a world unto itself offering not just a place of retreat and respite, but also a place for the action and adventure of a myriad of outdoor recreational activity like hiking, hunting, fishing, boating, ATV riding, recreational shooting sports, nature photography, and just the simple pleasure of enjoying the great outdoors on your own expansive and private land-holding. In addition to private family ownership uses, Thornhill would make an ideal corporate retreat, religious or other affinity group retreat, or a prime development opportunity for a recreational/hospitality based business. (Lodging, spa, golf, and health related enterprises, etc.).
Thornhill is just 18 minutes drive time away from the newly approved Casesar’s Palace Resort currently under construction in Danville, and also just 20 minutes away from the Virginia International Raceway in Alton, VA. Both of these attractions are adding new, vibrant and dynamic entertainment and social opportunities to life in and around the Danville and Northern NC area.
Thornhill is located in northern Caswell County, NC and is bordered on one side by the Dan River with over 1 mile of river frontage along the Dan. The setting is very private, being located at the very end of Husk Road and accessed via a stone-columned, gated private entry road. Yet, all this acreage and privacy is only 9 miles from the intersection of US-58 and US-29 (Future I-785) corridor.
In addition to the over 1 mile of river frontage, the overall 391 acres includes about 191 acres of open land, and about 200 acres of wooded land comprised mostly of hardwoods, and other valuable mature timber. There is also substantial creek frontage on the property, with about 5,100 feet on Moon’s Creek and about 3,350 feet on Sun Creek. Other land features include over 5,100ft of frontage along Moon’s Creek, about 3,370ft of frontage along Sun Creek, an extensive road and trail system, pleasantly rolling topography with elevations in the range of 370 to 500 feet providing exceptional long-range views, a stocked 1.5 acre spring-fed pond, food plot clearings, and a 5+/- acre duck wetland area. The entire 391 acre parcel is zoned Agricultural.
Also, portions of the acreage in the higher elevation ranges would be ideal for planting significant acres of a wine grape vineyard, and the ample space in the utility-shop building would support related winery production and storage.
Selected Structural Improvements: (Please see Matterport presentations and other photos)
- Upscale, 6,000 sq. ft. brick home with heated outdoor pool
- Completed in 1995; 4 bedroom (Master on main level), 5 full bathrooms, 1 half bath
- Expansive living/lodge room on main level with massive stone wood-burning fireplace
- Gourmet style kitchen with custom cabinets, dual ovens, Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer
- Large casual dining room directly off of kitchen with built in cabinetry and patio access
- Separate, banquet-sized formal dining room
- Slate floored, expansive sun-porch with direct access to pool patios
- Lower-level entertainment-billiards room with massive brick wood-burning fireplace
- Guest house built circa 1994
- Caretaker’s cottage built circa 1955
- All underground power arrangements
- 80×40 split-face concrete block utility building/shop with separate office area and full bath
- 60×30 metal equipment building with high sliding doors
- Horse stable with 8 stalls
- Roughly 25,000 feet of fencing (split rail, square wire, and barbed wire)
- 2 wells
- Gated entrance with stone columns and well-maintained gravel driveways to all homes
- Extensive road and trail system throughout the entire property
- Whitetail deer
- Wild Turkey
- Dove and quail
- Other small game typical to the area
- Pond stocked primarily with bass
- Variety of fish species in the accessible Dan River
- Hunting and Fishing
- Kayaking, Canoeing, general Boating
- Hiking & Camping, ATV trail rides
- Nature and landscape photography
- Timbering with selective cutting
- Tax credits via conservation or preservation easements
- Cattle operations (leased or owner-conducted)
- Leasing of hunting rights
- Other agricultural-farming activities—including vineyard-winery
- Danville, VA – 9 miles
- Danville Regional Airport – 14 miles
- RDU International Airport – 60 miles
- Hyco Lake – 16 miles
- Greensboro, NC – 45 miles
- Durham, NC – 48 miles
- Raleigh, NC – 65 miles
- Lynchburg, VA – 75 miles
- Charlottesville, VA – 140 miles
- Charlotte, NC – 142 miles
- Richmond, VA – 150 miles
Thornhill combines expansive acreage, river frontage, and exceptional views, with many other amenities for a gracious, upscale country lifestyle, with privacy and extensive outdoor recreational opportunites. All of the necessary supporting structural elements are in place for the ongoing care and enjoyment of this truly magnificent property.
If you are committed to the land, to nature, and to forging unforgettable experiences with your family in a country retreat setting—then Thornhill Farm is ready and waiting for you and your family to build a legacy around your enjoyment, ownership, and stewardship of this special place. It’s all here—Thornhill can be that perfect “world apart” where relationships are built, family bonding occurs, and lifetime memories are made in nature’s great outdoors—seize the opportunity and make plans to see Thornhill for yourself!
For More Information Contact
Properties similar to Thornhill Farm: